Monday, August 15, 2011

Scrap the Boys August Challenge.....

Hi Everyone.....
Well its been such a sad heart wrenching week for me this week with one of my dearest friends loosing her husband and soulmate in a tragic accident.  I have know Helen for many years now after meeting on a forum then lucky to meet in real life years later at a scrap retreat.  Since then we have become the best of friends and each year (sometimes twice a year) I meet up with her again .  There would hardly be a day goes by when I dont have contact with her and I just thank my lucky stars that this wonderful girl has come into my life.   My heart goes out to Helen and her 2 boys Jacob and Braiden and of course all of Matt's and Helen's families.   Rest in peace Matt.


I have just completed the latest challenge over at Scrap the boys, and to be perfectly honest was just the distraction I needed.
You can find out all about the challenge here :  http://scraptheboys.blogspot.com/2011/08/august-challenge-at-scrap-boys.html

I took my inspiration from the colours and shapes and happy with my end result.

Here is my take on the challenge....



                                                      Your smile brightens my day.......



And a couple of close ups.....




Thanks for a great challenge......
Take care and dont foget to be thankful for the ones you love....
Luv Marg xxxx

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh Marg...hugs!!!!
I adore your entry to STBoys...all the twine and stitching along with the circles.Good luck

Tanyah Payne said...

Love your Layout Marg, The stitching with the twine is really lovely. gorgeous pic too! x :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is super fun!!!!

Renee Aslette said...

Marg, your friend Helen is so lucky to have you!
Your boys page is fabulous!! I love your use of the colours and the stitching with the twine is so effective. Great job!!