Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Lets Get Shabby ...... Challenge No 21.....

Hi Everyone,
Well I made myself a promise that I would definately attempt the challenge over at 'Lets get Shabby' this month.   I have been so very busy of late that I have missed a couple and quiet sad that I have as I simply LOVE this site.  Anyway I was true to my promise and managed to get this one done... You can find out all about the challenge here: http://letsgetshabby.blogspot.com/2011/02/challenge-21.html

The challenge was to use denim and lace.   
I decided to cut up an old pair of jeans that were sitting in the box of things to go to the salvo's and had it in my head just what I wanted to do.   I am not completly satisfied that its shabby enough BUT am happy with my end results.   I have used white tissue paper which I crumpled and layered to make a somewhat kind of frame for my photo. I then put layers of mod podge over this and the whole page.   I used the denim to make part of the umbrella and also the stems of the flowers.   I have used some pieces of lace and also tied a bow with a lacy piece from my mum....This is the gorgeous 'Evie' on the beach at the entrance.

                                                                     'ENJOY'




                                                                     

                                                        And a couple of close-ups.....


The different laces and the detail of the tissue paper.....





Detail of the denim........


More details of the denim.....


Thats it for me this time round.
Take care.
Luv Marg xxxx

16 comments:

Melinda Spinks said...

Oh Marg, this is super adorable and that umbrellas is totally genious! Little Evie sure is a cute beach baby! x

Pastila said...

Ah! So cute and lovely!
Very beautiful umbrella!
Thanks so much for joining us at shabby!

DebiJ said...

My heavens Marg, you have been ultra clever with that brolley...but also a super dooper LO, with that gorgeous photo of the sweetest Evie!

Julie said...

Love the umbrella. Thanks for playing with us t shabby.

Unknown said...

Love everything about this layout Marg. I think it is one of my favorites of yours! Great inspiration.

Marelize said...

Wow Marg! This is just beautiful! Love all the different textures and embellies. xox

yumiko said...

Hi,Marg!!!
This is so cute!!!The umbrella is so beautiful!! Love your idea!!!
and love your photo,too!!!
Thank you for playing along with us at Shabby!!!

Deb said...

WOW! Look at that brolley......that's awesome, Marg. A gorgeous LO.....luv the flowers and another super cute photo.

Vibeke said...

WOW - I love the umbrella, and your flowers!! Så beautiful!!:)

Thanks for playing with us at Shabby:)

CorinneD. said...

beautiful!!!
love the idea of umbrella!!
thanks for playing at shabby with us!
hugs from france!

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

What a cute Layout!
Love the umbrella and all that beautiful lace!

Gayle Price said...

Such a cute and sweet page with lots of detail to look at, and it is definitely "shabby " enough. Thanks for playing at Lets Get Shabby

Lene said...

This is soo sweet! Love it !

Thanks for playing with us at shabby!

zandra said...

So cute, great take on the challenge.
Hugz, Z

Angela Weimer said...

Beautiful Layout. the umbrella is so cute. Love your flowers too. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

mandysea said...

Aaaaw Marg!! this is soooo cute!! Love that umbrella!! thanks for playing with Shabby!!!