Wednesday, August 18, 2010

'Lets get Shabby' Challenge No 14.....

Well 2 blog posts in 2 days!!!!! Must be a record for me I think.... :-)
I wasnt sure I would have enough time to finish this challenge BUT luck was on
my side with a quiet day at work so I got to finish a little earlier..(just what I needed)...
Ok back to the challenge.  You can find all the details here : http://letsgetshabby.blogspot.com/2010/07/challenge-14_25.html ....

I chose to paint up a little canvas and was lucky enough to have picked  up a tin heart with wings in the 'junkie' shop one day which turned out to be perfect for this challenge.  I then used some rub - on's to put part of the quote that I liked and then decorated to my hearts content.  I love how this turned out.
I also made a couple of yo yo flowers and added those.
Here is what I ended up with.....


And a few close up views.....



Thanks to all at 'Lets get shabby' for another great challenge and inspiration galore....
Take care..
luv marg xxxx

11 comments:

Jenneke said...

Marg, this is so beautiful!!
LOVE everything about it. And I think Mandy will be so happy to see you made some yo yo flowers ;-)!!

Thanks so much for playing again with us at Shabby!

XXXJenneke

Julie said...

this is great marg love it thanks for playing along with us at shabby.

Michelle said...

Wow Marg - this is absolutely beautiful. I especially love that little felt birdie - it's totally divine!!
Shelee xx

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! Love the flowers and buttons.

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

This is gorgeous! Love the lil bird and all the shabby details!!

Jan x

CorinneD. said...

It's so beautiful...
I like your flowers!!
hugs from france
corinne

ann said...

Beautiful and I love the little bird.

Deb said...

WOW! Marg....this is gorgeous. What a great find that tin heart was! Luv it all.

Ruth Philps said...

What perfect timing it was to find that tin!!

I love the felt bird it's so intricate and the whole thing comes together adoringly!!

Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby:)

mandysea said...

Oooh the little heart and the little bird, crochet flower...all sweet sweet sweet!!
THanks for playing along with us at Shabby@!

Clare said...

Beautiful Margi, the flowers and the little bird are gorgeous. I have a little something for you over on my blog, go check it out. Hugs Clare xxx