Thursday, March 18, 2010

Some bits and pieces to share......

Hi everyone ........
I just wanted to share some creating with you and hope you enjoy looking at what I have done....
The first layout was done for the LSBS summer challenge No 6......Tracy set this challenge and it was to use a line out of Billy Thorpe's 'Its almost summer' hit song.....I chose to use the line.....
' Summertime, when days are sunny and skies are blue'........This is little Lachie in the backyard pool which he just loves.......(I actually got an HM for this so happy with that) I made the tree by cutting out the shape then using 3D kindygliz mixed with green paint which gave it the textured look.....




This layout is for this months challenge over at 'Scrap the girls'.......
March Challenge
March – the month of the Oscars, which got me thinking about my favourite Girly movies. They don't get much better than Sex and the City!
The challenge.....Please use the following picture as inspiration for your LO – it could be the colours, the fashion, the women in your life etc.......Extra criteria – use the word friend, friendship or friends in your title
When you email your LO please explain how you have drawn inspiration from this picture.
Also please remember - Girls only! No boys allowed ;)

So here is what I came up with....


This is another page I did for Erin's calendar....I have done here a page each month since the month before Ryder was born......(Have no idea what I am going to do when the new bubba arrives!!!!!!)


The next layout is for this months challenge over at Kraft it up......
You must create a layout using KRAFT and you must also have a MIXED ALPHA TITLE, pretty simple I am sure after the stunning work you all created last month!!!
We cant wait to see your layouts, remember to email them to: kraft.it.up@hotmail.com you have until 8pm March 31st to get them in!
And this is what I came up with.....
Must admit no scraps left for me from this p/p as I used the lot!!!!!
On a bit more of a personal note I celebrated a big birthday last week and really celebrated with lots of love and friendship.......
It started through the week with some gorgeous birthday cards from the girls at LSBS which made my day......My gorgeous friend Deb sent a beautiful card and the most awesome little book that I will treasure forever....So thoughtful.......My beautiful beautiful friend Shann sent me a gorgeous card with a lovely photo album (scrapbook) one I have never seen before and I just love it......We celebrate our birthdays 2 days apart!!!!!!!!

Come the friday it all started again and my gorgeous dh gave me a lovely gold watch .......I wasnt all that fussed about going to work but it turned out lovely......Pressies galore and a chocolate mud cake for morning tea......We all went out for a lovely dinner with the family then back to Erin and Ben's house for a cookies and cream birthday ice cream cake...Yummmmmmmm....The kiddies all gave me accom and tickets to the Mama Mia musical in Melbourne.....I sooooo cant wait for that......
All in all I had the bestest day and one I will remember forever.....Its not so bad to reach the big 50.........(let life really begin I say)
On the last note of todays post we are all awaiting the arrival of our newest little bundle to love.....Erin has 3.5 weeks to go so we are all getting a bit anxious....They have no idea if its a boy or girl so that will only add to the excitement......Will keep you posted for sure....

Take care all till next time...
Cheers...
luv marg xxx

6 comments:

Melinda Spinks said...

Firstly congrats on the big half century!
So glad you had a fabulous day, you deserve it so very much!
Secondly, haven't you been a busy lady! Sooooo love your latest creations, especially the beautiful layout using Sex and the City for Inspiration, its stunning. Also, YOU QUILLED!!!!!! So excited to see you little tree had quilling all over it, just fabulous!!!
Me x

Lou said...

Oh Happy Birthday Marg!! You didn't tell me! Naughty Girl!! Wondered why I hadn't heard from you... now I know!! LOL! Too busy!!!! Love your layouts! Especially love the tree too! Fabulous!
Love Lou xxx

Helen Jolly said...

Wow look at all your new creations!!!!
Great work lovey

So glad you had the bestest birthday!
You so deserve being spoilt

Cant wait to here that you are a granny again......so exciting!!!!!

Clare said...

Wow Margi look what you have been up too!!! so many beautiful creations. I too love the quilling, may have to give that a go!!!
So awesome chatting to you the other night, i love our phone chats.
I am nervous for you hun on the arrival of your baby moo!!! love to Erin & remember to say yes this time if asked!!!
Love you honey. Hugs Clare xxx

DebiJ said...

Just wonderful Marg...all these LO's are just fabulous...just love that little quilled tree....you are so very creative...lovingly so.

Lots of excitement in your home awaiting the new arrival. Best wishes to your DD & hope all is smoooth sailing.

Hope you liked the little album too.

Love Deb xx

Lou said...

Congratulations on your HM at Shabby Marg!
Lou xx