
Omgoodness Challenge No 8 at Lets get shabby......How quickly the time has flown......
I cut out an envelope shape onto some 7gypsies p/p then mounted this onto to some cardstock. To make it even more stable I painted with a few coats of modge podge (and love how it is now hard and shiny!!!!!!)......I then decorated and tied it closed with some gingham.......and so my 'Love Letters' envelope was born.......
As you all know I just adore this site and love the inspiring challenges month to month.......
Challenge No 8 was to use 'love letters or little notes' in your project......Perfect for me as I am one of the lucky ones to have an endless supply of love letters and notes from dh before we were even married......He use to have to go away for weeks on end and each and every week I would recieve these letters.....Of course way back then they always meant so much to me BUT these days they actually mean the world.......I have had them stored in an old chocolate box for over 30 years (and dig them out from time to time!!!!!!) so decided because they really mean so much that I would make them all a special envelope to store them in.... I hope that one day the kids will find them all and know just how much we loved and adored each other......
I cut out an envelope shape onto some 7gypsies p/p then mounted this onto to some cardstock. To make it even more stable I painted with a few coats of modge podge (and love how it is now hard and shiny!!!!!!)......I then decorated and tied it closed with some gingham.......and so my 'Love Letters' envelope was born.......
This is the envelope opened up to show where the letters will be stored.....
Another close up view......
Thanks for such a wonderful challenge and the chance for me to reminisce once again.........
Cheers till next time.......
Take care....
luv marg xxxx
15 comments:
beautiful marg just love it. thanks for playing along with us at shabby.
Just beautiful!!!
It seems such a rareity these days that two people could be still so much in Love after such a long time. Thankyou for sharing something that means so much.
Melinda x
Marg, this is beautiful and very special.
Margi you little romantic you!!! how beautiful is that. It is indeed so wonderful that you & Neil are so much in love after 30 years, as Melinda said, a rarety these days. Your letter holder is so beautiful Marg, and something that the kids will cherish in years to come. Hugs Clare xxx
Brilliant Marg...so wonderful!! I really think this is beautiful. Love how you have kept all your love letters in the choccie box, & now they have a new fabulous home. Awww how romantic.....
xxxx
absolutely gorgeous Marg!!!!!
Ahh, this is soooo beautiful!!!
LOVE the idea and the story you told us! So romantic!
Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby!
XXXJenneke
What a beautiful way to store so many precious love letters...Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby Marg x
oH WOW....how special!!!
Love the colour Marg and the idea of decorating the envelop to keep all your treasured letters in
wow!
Marg, this is just so Special... Thanks for playing!!!
Lovely post and beautiful creation thanks for sharing both
Hugs Kate xx
So unique! Great take on the challenge.
Hugz, Z
Beautiful creation!Love the paper and the gorgeous embellies!:)
Thanks for playing with us at Shabby!
Hugs, TÃmea
Oh Marg,
Your blog is beautiful too!! Love your take on the challenge! Its amazing how much you can share with a blog..:) and find other blogs you didn't know were out there!
Thanks for visiting my blog.. its a bit nerve racking starting off.... lol... I am sooo NOT a computer person!
Now that I have given shabby a try ... I cant wait for the next one!!... Yeah I love vintage and it suits my style.. but that was my first go at actual shabby...
Good luck in the draw! I will definitely be back here too! :)
Marg you are such a fox!
How sweet is this!!!!
You bought a tear to my eye
Im very proud that you have kept these precious things in a chocolate box all this time too!!!!
Beautiful girl!
Post a Comment