Thursday, December 31, 2009

CHALLENGE NO 7.......'LET'S GET SHABBY'.......

Challenge No 7 at 'Let's get Shabby'............
Wow I so loved this challenge............
We had to take inspiration from this picture (which is awesome by the way!!!!)
and I instantly knew what I wanted to create.....My inspiration came from the colours firstly and then I just loved the umbrella and the whole beachy scene........So this is what I came up with.......
I have used Kraft cardstock and some lovely sass lass p/p's....The umbrella was cut from a piece of the pp then I used some brown string to make the handle and secured this with a brad....I mounted the photo on some brown cardstock which I ran through the cuttlebug with swiss dots folder then mounted again on some corrugated card as it all matched the sand in the photo so well.......Lastly I added some embellies and tied a bow with some 'vintage' tickets ........
The DT's examples were such a great inspiration as well......
'Our beach angel'........
Thanks for another great challenge and thanks heaps for looking........
Cheers
luv marg xxxxxx


12 comments:

mandysea said...

Omgosh this is sooo gorgeous and sunny!!
I LOVE the umbrella - my eye went to that straight away!!
Awesome Marg!
Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby!

Melinda Spinks said...

Just gorgeous Marg, you've gone into so much detail. Hey, isn't that the cream mesh ribbon that you were positive you didn't buy at Paperific? LOL! Once again, beautiful layout!
I am going to attempt to join in on the fun but 'shabby' just makes my head spin.
x

Deb said...

Just gorgeous Marg. I luv your umbrella - beautiful.

Toni said...

Marg,This is so cute!!! Great job on the challenge & thanks for playing with us at SHABBY!!!

Julie said...

wow this has turned out great love the mix of layers. Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby.

Carol (honeywine) said...

Love your style Marg - it so suits you.... I am glad you are having so much fun!

ann said...

I love your take on the challenge and the umbrella is so cute

Timcso said...

wonderful creation!!Love the colours, the embellishments and my favourite the umbrella! The photo is very cute!

Thanks for playing with us at Shabby!

Hugs, Tímea

Lauren said...

Wow Marg I just love your little umbrella! Actually I love the whole page! :)

Anita Bownds said...

absolutey beautiful marg....hugs Anita

Clare said...

Margi your LO is so detailed & intricate, so beautiful. The brolly is just divine! well done Margi xxx

Lisa Pate said...

THis is so sweet Marg. Just gorgeous work