I have done each and everyone of the challenges except the easter challenge as it was such a busy busy month for me and time just didnt allow. Anway I was eagerly awaiting this months challenge and as always it certainly didnt dissapoint.
This is what all the fuss is about.........
Sunday, April 25, 2010
CHALLENGE #11
IT'S ALL ABOUT COLOUR!!Here in Australia at the moment its Autumn!And maybe where you live its Spring!!Either way, look at this incredible Quilt.Be inspired however you like....it would be nice to see you include some fabric somewherebut remember...its a
COLOUR CHALLENGE
CHALLENGE #11
IT'S ALL ABOUT COLOUR!!Here in Australia at the moment its Autumn!And maybe where you live its Spring!!Either way, look at this incredible Quilt.Be inspired however you like....it would be nice to see you include some fabric somewherebut remember...its a
COLOUR CHALLENGE
You can see all the DT work here http://letsgetshabby.blogspot.com/2010/04/its-al-about-colour-here-in-australia.html and you are certain to find plenty of inspiration from these talented ladies....
I knew exactly what I wanted to do the moment I read about the challenge and instantly when I saw the beautiful quilt. Being a patchworker from way back (and with tubs and tubs of beautiful printed fabrics) I could see in my mind the exact fabrics I wanted to use. So after a good hour or so sifting through the tubs I finally had in my hot little hands the bundle of fat quarters I wanted to turn into flowers. I loved the colours and I guess you could say that was my inspiration as well as the actual fabrics . The flowers were all made with circles using hand sewing that my dear old aunt taught me to make many years ago. I actually made a quilt a long time ago that featured these flowers on the centre panel. A friend just recently gave me a chipboard scrapbooking frame so this is what I used for my base. I sprayed the frame with red glimmermist and originally I had intended to slip a photo in BUT being a true woman I changed my mind LOL and decided to make a hanging with this gorgeous ever so true quote. I am lucky enough to have my own scraproom and even more lucky to have a 'little' space left on the walls for this to hang proudly so I can look at it everyday.
Thanks shabby girls for an awesome challenge ...
Thanks heaps for looking...
Take care...
Till next time
luv marg xxx
17 comments:
Ooooh! what a gorgeous creation Marg. Your little flowers are fabulous and that is such a lovely quote.
Oh wow Marg your flowers are just stunning. Thanks ever so much for playing along with us at Shabby.
Fantastic and so true! A wonderful cration and supercute flowers!!
Gorgeous gorgeous flowers Marg!!!I've fallen in love with those and the buttons look fabulous!!
Love what you have created!! I'm such a wanna-be quilt maker....one day!
Thanks so much for playing along with Shabby! And thanks for for such lovely comments too!
Marg, I love those flowers, What a Beautiful Creation!!! Thanks for playing with us at shabby!!!
Wow, wow, wow Margi Moo!!!! what a clever little thing you are!!! those flowers are amazing. Your creation is amazing, stunning, well done. Hugs & love Clare xxx
Woo hoo Marg..your flowers are just fabulous!!! How clever are you!! They look so glorious on your OTP...what a splendid hanger for your wall. xx
Wow! this is gorgeous! Lovely colours and those flowers are stunning!!
Marg your flowers are truly beautiful!!!! I am trying to figure out how you made them.......?
Whilst at the same time going a pale shade of green at the thought of a scraproom to hang stunning wallhangings like this in!!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby:)
Marg, I can't believe that's the same little frame! You are definitely going to have to show me how to make them-thar flowers... guess I'd better get you that rose template first huh!
Gorgeous work and the buttons have come up a treat!
x
I love it! Wow!
Marg I love your little OTP, those flowers you have made are so eyecatching what a beautiful shabby creation....
"WoW" marg thats absolutey beautiful .... hugs Anita
What a beautiful project for the challenge :-)
Sherry
Sissey DT Member
Wow what a beautiful Wall hanging. I love the flowers! Simply Fab. Thanks for sharing. Angela
So, pretty! Love the flowers, too.
Great take on the challenge!
Hugz, z
WOW Margie, I just LOVE your flowers. Any chance you can tell us how you make them? I love them to bits!
your blog is looking lovely and you have created so many beautiful things! Glad you had a lovely time away.
Deanne
xx
Post a Comment