Saturday, January 15, 2011

'Lets get Shabby' AND 'Kraft it up'.....

Sorry to double up here but am a bit behind in a lot of things and since I finished both these challenges I thought it would be easier to post them both together...Hope that is ok?  :-)
Anyway hoping you all are off to a good start to the New Year although with all this terrible terrible flooding around our beautiful country there are a lot of desperate people needing a helping hand. Its just devasting and really I am lost for words.
I loaded stock into my little shop last weekend , and then all this devastation occured that I decided for every canvas piece I sold 100% would be donated through my bank to the flood victims.  I was asstounded at the great response I got and have so far managed to raise $160.00 which I hope in some small way can help a little.

Anyway back to the challenges.
LET'S GET SHABBY......
The first challenge was over http://letsgetshabby.blogspot.com/2010/12/challenge-19.html.
I found my inspiration in the shapes.....and with that this layout was born of my newest little granddaughter 'Sophia'.....Here she only only a day old...I had the chipboard piece forever and it was just perfect, so with a little ink and some distressing I was happy with the outcome.
Once again thankyou to the DT at Lets get shabby for the neverending source of inspiration..





And a little close up of the chipboard piece I used and the hand made paper clip goodies (a taste of what is to come at the shop!!!:-)






KRAFT IT UP......

The challenge was to create a layout based on a summer theme and to use the word 'summer' in your title.
I have used the gorgeous gorgeous 'Echo park' range of papers.



And a little close up of the paper piecing boat I made......


Thanks for a wonderful challenge Kraft it up and the mountain of inspiring dt members.
Hope everyone has a great week.
Cheers.
Luv marg xxxx

13 comments:

Julie said...

Great pages Marg. Just love your shabby one. Thanks for playing with us.

Pastila said...

Wonderful layouts! Like how yiu use chipboard window. Thank you for playing along!

Sasya said...

ohh such beautiful works!!! i love your first layout, that cute baby...!! wonderful!!! thanks for playing with LGS!

Melissa said...

How cool is your sailing boat Marg....I love it, and gorgeous Shabby LO too

mandysea said...

Just beautiful marg! How so very very special is that photo! Love the colours and the flowers...your doilies look fabulous too!
Thanks for playing along with Shabby!! (ooh and the chipboard window is amazing!)

Marelize said...

Oh wow Marg! Both these pages are so creative. Stunning layouts! :)

Cathy said...

Both gorgeous LO's Marg!! Your shabby LO has so many beautiful details and what a precious photo and I love the bright pp's & cute sailboat in your KIU LO!! Thanks so much for joining in this month at KIU :)

CorinneD. said...

beautiful layouts!!
thanks for playing with us!
hugs fom france!

Vibeke said...

Hi:)
I love it to Shabby! So it was delicious with red! Beautiful picture:)

Thank you for playing with us at Shabby:)

Lene said...

Love your layouts!

Thanks for playing along with us at shabby!

yumiko said...

Hi,Marg!!
I love the beautiful colors you have used on your layout. Thank you for playing along with us at Shabby!!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Hi there Marg! Thanks so much for joining us at KIU this month. This layout is lovely. Bothe of these are just beautiful in their own way...You have such an awesome style. I love what I see so I'm your newest follower. Kind regards, Nadia.

Michelle Winston said...

Gorgeous layouts Marg ! Love your use of the Little Boy papers on the KIU page !